Once you’ve purchased your sublimation or ChromaBlast supplies, you need to make sure they are stored properly so you’ll be able to get the most use from them. You can often find tips on how to use the supplies you buy, but finding tips on how to properly store them so they’ll be in the best shape to be used can be a bit harder to find. Today I thought I’d share a few tips we’ve discovered about how to keep your supplies in the best shape possible. Proper storage and care can help your ink, paper and other supplies last longer and be much more useful.
ChromaBlast Ink Storage
- ChromaBlast Ink should not be stored in extreme temperatures. Anything above 104 degrees F or below 0 degrees F should be avoided.
- Do not expose ink cartridges or bags to direct light or sunlight for extended periods of time.
- Make sure the room in which the ink is stored is not too humid.
SubliJet Ink Storage
- Optimum storage temperature is 70 – 80 degree F
- Optimum humidity of room is 35% – 65%
- Do not expose cartridges to direct light or sunlight for extended periods of time
- Allow SubliJet ink to reach room temperature before installing and printing
- Store paper flat
- Store paper in a cool, dry environment. Avoid excessive humidity.
- Once paper has been opened, store unused paper in ziplock bag
- Never mix inks. SubliJet and ChromaBlast inks do not perform well when used in a printer through which other ink has been run. Even if the lines are purged, traces of the other ink may still remain and will interfere with the optimum performance of SubliJet and ChromaBlast ink.
- Keep printer free of lint, dust and other debris that may be in the air of the work space.
- Run nozzle checks and printer cleanings on a regular basis, particularly if the printer is not in use every day.